Going Alcohol Free
While experiencing a month of being alcohol free, it’s important to have some delicious alternatives up your sleeve for when you feel the urge.
Below are some great mocktail recipes that we’ve taste tested. We’ll be adding more throughout the month, so make sure you check back whenever you need inspiration.
If you’ve got a great alcohol-free recipe to share, jump over and post it to our facebook page.
FebFast Sangria (booze free)Method:
3/4 fill a jug with grape juice (sparkling or still)
Then add the following:
- juice of three oranges
- 1 green apple finely diced
- 1 orange finely diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
Top with soda water or ginger beer.
Fizzy Lime-Mint QuencherMix together in a jug:
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (approx 2-3 limes)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn up a little
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, agave or a few drops of stevia (optional, to taste)
Pour mixture into two large glasses, top with ice cubes and soda water. Enjoy!
Rhubarb, Lychee & Raspberry SpritzerIngredients:
- 2 sticks of Rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups tap water
- Handful of Raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- Soda water
- Lemon (optional)
- First make a syrup. Cut the rhubarb into pieces and add to a pot with the raspberries, tap water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes, then run the mixture through a sieve so you are left with a sweet syrup. Cool.
- When you are ready to make a drink add half a cup of syrup to a glass & add ice, lychees, a couple more raspberries, soda water, some lychee juice (and fresh lemon juice if want a little bite to it).
White Russian Mocktail
Put in a blender:
- 150 ml milk (cow, almond, soy or coconut)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1tsp cocoa powder
- Small pinch ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp maple syrup, agave or honey
- Handful ice
Blend until smooth. Serve!